FunctieCurrently, we are looking for a Model Risk Manager for the Global Operational & Model Risk Management (OMRM) department at the Corporate Center of the Aegon Group to elevate Model Risk Management to the next level for today’s digital age. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join our department at Aegon Corporate Center!
As Model Risk Manager you will play an influential and visible role in further shaping risk management, not just within the second line function, but with an impact across the Aegon Group. In this role you will need to support and guide business and decision makers in adopting full ownership of model risks, and implementing sound and a comprehensive model risk & control management strategy, policy, guidance and practices.
As part of the Global Operational & Model Risk Management (OMRM) department at the Corporate Center of the Aegon Group, you will operate at the heart of a global function of an organization that is transforming fundamentally in every business unit.
The OMRM department in The Hague consists of 18 risk professionals, led by the Global Head of Operational and Model Risk Management covers four competence areas: Model Validation, Governance, Operational Risk Management and Internal Control. This team operates as part of one global Risk function with representation in all Aegon units world-wide. The Model Risk Manager will report into the Head of Model Risk Management.
- Support group level risk management oversight, risk methodology development and establishment of risk management good practices;
- Facilitate the roll out and embedding of reliable model risk management solutions (digital) and develop practices for model risk management by business (model) owners;
- Collaborate with model owners and model users as well as Model Validation function to establish common direction between Business functions and Risk, enabling business management to rely on model risk management information for business and risk decisions;
- Oversee and report upon the correct and consistent implementation of model risk management policy requirements as well as monitoring and addressing of developing issues in addition to periodic regular model risk reporting;
- Contribute to an integrated risk control framework, covering key operational risks (e.g. IT risk, Model risk, 3rd Party Risk Management, Business Continuity and Market Conduct risk).
ProfielTo be successful in the role you need strong data management and analysis skills to implement and support digital model risk management solutions and educate colleagues throughout the organization on these. Additionally, your contribution to good Risk & Control management practices should be rooted in experience gained in a multinational environment.
Further, the preferred candidate has the following experience and competencies:
- Experience with implementing and supporting data management solutions;
- Ability to balance business value and resource requirements, matching model risk & control standards and business needs considering risk tolerance and affordability;
- An understanding of the key internal control and model risk standards and practices.
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of €min - €max based on 40 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.