Transamerica is seeking an experienced actuary to lead a team responsible for assisting with Modernization efforts to prepare Transamerica infrastructure for IFRS17 reporting. This is a high-visibility role that leads 2 direct reports and 8 indirect team members and the team is expected to grow to 20 by Q1 2019. Will lead the reconciliation, testing, and audit of the models and sign off on the conversions during the modernization process.
- Manage TA students and external Consultants responsible for:
- Investigating differences between legacy models (PolySystems, ARCVAL, MoSes, homegrown, etc.) and post-conversion models (ALFA & AXIS)
- Performing end-to-end user acceptance testing [UAT] for various models and platforms
- Providing “sign off” of newly converted models
- Develop conversion control templates
- Establish disposition for existing SLIME entries
- Assist with issue paper documentation and impact evaluation
- Support internal/external audit inquiries – In Controls, Internal Audit & PWC
- Ensure IFRS17 readiness in post-conversion models
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field, and 8 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 6 years or relevant experience. In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 14 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting, Modeling, Projections, or Valuation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (VBA can be helpful, not required)
- Sound understanding of life insurance and retirement products
- Prior experience with actuarial modeling software – AXIS, ALFA, or MoSes
- Exposure to the following is helpful, but not required
- SQL or Microsoft Access
- Programming languages – VBA, SQL, Python
- Alteryx or other data analytical software
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
- Effective communication, both written and oral, and ability to adapt to various audiences
- Sound time management to balance project plan timeline with required tasks
- Flexible to assist with other priorities in Modernization, as required
- Exhibits effective management skills to motivate and develop a staff
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer